Sign in to follow this  
gmatarrubia

WebRTC with HW Acceleration

Hi all!

I 've just got the new Tinker Board 2 and it seems to have a lack of information about this board. I bought this board because I think is really good board for multimedia applications. Following this idea, I want to develop a videocalling based on native WebRTC application. So its very important to get HW acceleration in encoding/decoding the video as well as showing the video in a window.

In my very first tests I've tried to get the video from a camera (OV567) with gst-launch:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 ! video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=1280,height=720 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink

Video quality is great but it consumes too much CPU resources and none of GPU. I think it is due to show the video window without HW Accel.

What is the best way and which libraries/plugins I have to install/use in order to display the video in chromium with gstreamer pipeline using hardware acceleration?

I want to use the Mali GPU as much as posible.

Thank you in advance.

I also appreciate links to a good source of information about similar topics like: camera stream with rk3399 SoC, use of OpenCV, OpenGL, an so on.