Pirate

Power Supply for 2S

Hi,

I am looking for a power supply for the 2S

The booklet that the 2S came with said up to 45w BUT the website says up to 65w

All I know is the barrel is 5.5/2.5mm and that the voltage should be 12~19V

Theres a bunch of both 12v and 19v 5.5/2.5mm power adapters but without knowing the max wattage I cant figure out ther proper amperage.

1. Is 12V or 19V better? My understanding is 12V leads to more amps, so should I go 12v?
  2. Is it max 45W or 65W because both websites say a different thing.
  3. Does anyone have a link to a compatible power supply, preferably on Amazon.ca?

Hi Pirate,

For Tinker Board 2, the max loading (all connectors been connected) power is around 30W. So considering the degradation of conversion efficiency of some power supplies, we provided a conventional 19V's 45W for reference.

(You can check with our user manual, https://tinker-board.asus.com/doc_tb2.html#user, page. 18.)

image.png.2cac60f867c6ab8ade081a0737c27ddb.png

So, if your would not connect with power-hungry USB devices, 15~20W should meet most of the usage. (without others, board only, max stress around ~10W.)

And the website, it is should be the maintenance error, written too large as a reference value, which we will arrange to revision.

1. Is 12V or 19V better? My understanding is 12V leads to more amps, so should I go 12v?
    --> No, 12~19V all would re convert to board used voltage, so you can just make sure the totally watt.

2. Is it max 45W or 65W because both websites say a different thing.
    --> Like above, you can reference 45W or depends on real usage needs.

3. Does anyone have a link to a compatible power supply, preferably on Amazon.ca?
    --> All safety compliant, and 5.5/2.5mm DC plug, 12~19V +-5% adapters should be fine.

(You can find follow info from our user manual too, https://tinker-board.asus.com/doc_tb2.html#user, page. 18.)image.png.f25bfe6581729371bbf2da9d16c7adaf.png

Thanks.

• Like 1