Sign in to follow this  
taj_19

Trouble getting Tinkerboard S Started

All

I recently purchased an Asus Tinkerboard S to use as a "smart TV" box however I am having a few issues with getting it going.

To start with and to familiarise myself with the tinkerboard I decided to install Tinker OS - Android onto an SD Card just to check everything was working, however whenever I power it up the red light comes on for about 10 seconds and then goes out, at the same time as the red light going out the green light flashes briefly.

Could anyone give me any pointers on what is going on? I have tried different micro-usb power supplies (with another power supply the red light flashed intermittently) Or if anyone has got a guide on what each of the lights mean etc. that would be brilliant I have had a look online and cannot seem to find anything. The jumper is in the correct position accoring to the ASUS instructions and there were no issues with flashing the SD card using etcher.

Apologies if this is a simple question I am new to SBC's

hello @taj_19

sounds like a flash fail to me, perhaps you want to flash the board again and see if you can boot up the board afterwards. here's a short video on how to flash/ boot: