Dima.Sh

Android Image and Rooting for TinkerBoard R2.0

We are currently using Tinker Board R1.2, which reached its eof, and are no longer supported.

We have received some new Tinker Boards R2.0, which supposed to get an android 7.0 image with updated drivers and now we have to make the Android 7 Image to function like our old Android 6 image (since its no longer supported)...

Is there an estimate for the release of this updated android 7 rom which should be compatible with Tinker Board R2.0? Also, please consider providing a detailed guide of how to root the image and get SuperSU for applications once its out... 

Thanks.

I have the same question -- have been using Android 7 image on rev 1 and would like to test same on rev 2.  Can I run rev 1 version of Android 7 on rev 2 board?

Issue resolved.  Loaded Android 7 image referenced at top of this forum page -- works as expected on my rev 2 tinker board.  I was confused because this version was not listed in the rev 2 download page.

I have a TinkerBoard S card on which I have installed Android 7. I have read the procedure in the forum but I don't know how to download the boot.img. Later we will use the R2 model. Will the same procedure be used?
Thank you