Robin S

Flashing failed

Hello,

I have tried to flash my Tinker Edge R by using the Flash tool (GUI) and the image from Tinker Edge R Debian 10 V2.0.5.

In the GUI, I can select the image and my Tinker Edge R. I suppose my Tinker is in MASKROM mode.

I have followed the steps from the Flash tool GUI manual, but everytime I get the notification that the flas has failed and that I should restart the Tinker into MASKROM mode and should try again.

What goes wrong and how can I fix this?

With kind regards.

Flash Failed.png

Select Tinker.png

I had a lot of problems figuring out how to get Debian 10 v2.0.5 running on my new Edge R.

Below are the steps I followed to finally get Debian 10 v2.0.5 running:

• Install a previous version of Debian for the Tinker Board Edge R (ie. v1.0.4).
    This puts the correct bootloader and working Linux on the Edge R.
  • Connect the Edge R to my PC via a USBC cable.
  • Reboot the Edge R into UMS mode.
    From a shell, "sudo reboot ums".
  • Use balenaEtcher to write the v2.0.5 image from my PC
    The flash tool may work as well, but I used balenaEtcher.

I believe the primary issue is that the Debian 10 v2.0.5 image contains just the Debian file system image and doesn't include the bootloader as the other images do.  For this reason, it can only be written once a proper bootloader is installed on the Edge R and booted into UMS mode.

I hope this helps.

On 4/13/2022 at 9:02 PM, Robin S said:

Hello,

I have tried to flash my Tinker Edge R by using the Flash tool (GUI) and the image from Tinker Edge R Debian 10 V2.0.5.

In the GUI, I can select the image and my Tinker Edge R. I suppose my Tinker is in MASKROM mode.

I have followed the steps from the Flash tool GUI manual, but everytime I get the notification that the flas has failed and that I should restart the Tinker into MASKROM mode and should try again.

What goes wrong and how can I fix this?

With kind regards.

Flash Failed.png

Select Tinker.png

I got a same issue.

Can't flash devian v10.

It makes me crazy.