MThompson

LTE Mini PCI Express Cards for Edge R

In the qualified vendor list of devices for the ASUS Edge R, the Quectel EC21 LTE card is specified.

Are there any specific instructions that describe getting this card functioning on an Edger R or similar RK3399 based devices from ASUS?

By being on the qualified vendor list of devices are the needed devices for the Quectel EC21 LTE already present in the Linux Kernel so it's just plug-in play?  

hello @MThompson,

being in the QVL means the parts' have been enabled and the driver's ported in kernel. please download the latest os image (v.2.0.5) from Tinker Board (asus.com)

the connectivity manager is enabled and will start the connection soon when sim card's been detected. other than that, no specific instructions needed.

I have a Quectel EC25-AF working in my Edge R, that's LTE Cat 4 vs Cat 1 with the EC21 so 15x the DL theoretically. I haven't had the time to properly test throughput yet, but its in line with the performance of handsets from my house. I've also tried an M.2 Cat 16 Dell DW5821e modem using an adapter card with no luck, it was never able to detect the SIM.