Remontoir

Tinker OS 3.0.11 : Serial Number ?

We made disk-images of a modified TinkerOS for mass deployement. This is for a Tinkerboard S R2.0.

I need the serial-number to identify the device. I read 

/sys/firmware/devicetree/base/serial-number

The problem is that I got the exact same serial for a duplicated image on another device !
Also it's not the same as the one on the product box.

How can I get the "real" serial using TinkerOS 3.0.11, ideally the serial which is on the box sticker ?

Note: I've been told the above is not the serial number but the PPID (Piece Part Identification).

The file /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/chosen/bootargs shows (uboot args) :

sdwupdate storagemedia=sd androidboot.storagemedia=sd  (...) androidboot.serialno=c3d9b8674f4b94f6

The serial number in the boot arguments is the same than the one in /sys/firmware/devicetree/base/serial-number

Question : where does this  "serial number" comes from ? In the uboot code as a default value ?

On 8/1/2022 at 4:16 PM, Remontoir said:

Question : where does this  "serial number" comes from ? In the uboot code as a default value ?

This serial number is generated by u-boot based on CPU ID. So this serial number is the same for devices with the same CPU model.

PPID is not from CPU ID.

PPID is ASUS's device ID on the production control line, which can also be used for customer service as S/N, and is a unique value.