cagatay

Type-C USB Connection to a Type-C Compatible Monitor

Hi,

I am connecting a type-c compatible display to USB-C of Tinker Board 2 (no other display at HDMI), but cannot see the screen of tinkerboard. IfI connect that display to a laptop with USB-C, it works so I known display is working. Is there any setting to change to see USB-C display port?

Best regards

Cagatay Undeger

hello @cagatay

what's the hardware and software version you're using? (tinker board 2s or tinker board 2? debian 10 v.?? or android v.??)

is it possible for you to:

1. boot the board

2. connect the display to the board

3. save the output of /var/log/kern.log 

we'll check the log and investigate the problem

Hi,

I am using Tinker Board 2/4GB with Android 11.  The Type-c display is a glasses (Nreal light) that works with a type-c cable. When I attach glasses to a laptop PC via USB-C or attach to any mobile phone, the display automatically works. But it does not with tinkerboard. I tried to reboot while display is connected, but it did not work again. 

hello @cagatay

i see. i was thinking that you're using debian os -- if you're using debian, then i can check the processes from /var/log/kern.log and see if the panel's been recognized.

are you using the official release android 11 os from Tinker Board (asus.com) ?

hello @cagatay

since there's no kern.log for android, is it possible for you to boot the board, connect the panel to the board with the type c cable, unplug the cable, and save the log?

logs can be saved with this command using adb:

adb shell dmesg > kernel.log