asteele

2S no HDMI output

Hello,

I'm trying to get Android running on my board. I flashed Android 12 using Balena Etcher to the microSD card, then inserted the card and plugged the board in.
Nothing happened other than the red power light appearing.

I have a monitor plugged in via HDMI, and a wireless keyboard + mouse. Power is from the DC input jack.
I also tried removing the microSD card & powering on, but that also didn't do anything. 

When the microSD card is removed and I plug the USB-C into my computer, I see this the D & E drives:
image.png
but when the card is inserted, nothing changes on my computer.

I inserted the microSD card into my computer directly, and this is what that looks like:
image.png

I don't know where to go from here, as nothing I do seems to have any effect. 

hello @asteele

it's likely that you're using an inadequate power supply that's not providng enough power to the board. the partitions seem correct though

another thing to check is whether the jumper's attached or not -- if it's attached the board stays in maskrom mode 

tb2_qsg_05.jpg

On 3/30/2023 at 2:39 AM, tooz said:

hello @asteele

it's likely that you're using an inadequate power supply that's not providng enough power to the board. the partitions seem correct though

The power supply I'm using is Output: 19V @ 3.42A, 65.0W

That seems plenty, to me, based on the spec sheet.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:26 PM, tooz said:

another thing to check is whether the jumper's attached or not -- if it's attached the board stays in maskrom mode 

My jumper looks like this:
image.png

Which I believe means it's disabled.

hello @asteele

does the issue persist if you're using other monitors? with the information provided, the other solution i can think of for now is to re-burn the sd card (or get another sd card to burn even) does the board work ok with emmc?

14 hours ago, tooz said:

hello @asteele

does the issue persist if you're using other monitors?

Hello,

I have tried two different types of monitors, yes. Both externally powered. Both via HDMI, though.

with the information provided, the other solution i can think of for now is to re-burn the sd card (or get another sd card to burn even) does the board work ok with emmc?

No, when I remove the SD card I also get no display or any kind of information out of the eemc.
I can get another SD card and see if that makes a difference.

@tooz I tried with a new SD card but that did not change anything.

I did figure out the problem, though.

I was flashing the image "Tinker_Board-Android12-v0.0.3-20221002.img".
When I tried using "Tinker_Board_2-Android11-v2.0.8-20220503.img", it booted correctly and worked as expected.

Thanks for your help troubleshooting.