Yakiug

eMMC is not recognized for installing the OS on the Tinker Board 2S.

I'm trying to reinstall the OS. I'm using Balena to flash the device, but every time I connect it, my computer doesn't recognize it. It used to recognize it when I changed the system before, but not anymore. I also tried using an SD card as the manual suggests, but I'm encountering the same error with the eMMC.

IMG_20230530_085147.jpg

hello @Yakiug

1. tinker board 2s might be in maskrom mode, please check if you have a jumper attached, if so, please remove it so the board stays in normal mode

2. another possibility is using an incompatible os, tinker board and tinker board 2s have separate img files and they can't be mixed used 

https://tinker-board.asus.com/download-list.html?product=tinker-board-2s

tinker board 2s_mask rom.png

image.png

There is no file in the OS section of the board. 
I was installing this file Tinker_Board_2-Debian-Buster-v2.0.14-20220823.
Every time I try to use the board , it turns on for a period of time and shuts down. Then it can not turn on , it turns on randomly .  I have already tried using a SD card and the same thing happens.

hello @Yakiug

3 hours ago, Yakiug said:

Every time I try to use the board , it turns on for a period of time and shuts down. Then it can not turn on , it turns on randomly .  I have already tried using a SD card and the same thing happens.

how are you using the board? we can try reproduce the issue

3 hours ago, Yakiug said:

there seems to be an issue on our website, please select 'tinker board 2' first instead, will update when it's fixed: https://tinker-board.asus.com/download-list.html?product=tinker-board-2

I am using it as normal, just plug it in, install the system on the eMMc or SD, but it turns off after 10 to 15 minutes on, I can't install anything.

board.jpg

In maskrom mode it recognized the board after many attempts and i am installing the system.

image.png

After waiting for a while I always get the same error, that the system can not be installed, when I try to run from the SD I have to make several attempts to disconnect and connect the board so that it can start the system.

image.png

hello @Yakiug

sorry for the hassles. looks like tinker board 2s' been recognised as a ums device, which is correct, my guess is that the .img might be broken, i've sent the download link of v.2.0.14 (debian 10, kernel 4.4) via dm, please try using the .img and see if it can be flashed onto sd/ tinker board 2s correctly

On 6/15/2023 at 7:07 AM, Yakiug said:

the os download list issue is now fixed: Tinker Board (asus.com)

I installed and tested it and when I used the apt update and apt upgrade command, the board shut down. After a few days I installed again in the eMMc the same version and did not use the commands to update the board did not turn off. However, I disconnected and connected the board and the system did not start again.

On 6/22/2023 at 2:07 AM, tooz said:

hello @Yakiug

are the logs kept? may i have a look at it? 

I don't know. How can i see the logs?

hello @Yakiug

5 hours ago, Yakiug said:

I don't know. How can i see the logs?

it's in the directory /var/logs