ARM-based SBC with enhanced and better compatibility
The new and improved Tinker Board R2.0 is a single board computer (SBC) that offers greater durability, better stability and an overall improved user experience for DIY enthusiasts and makers everywhere.
With its powerful and modern quad-core ARM-based processor — the Rockchip RK3288-CG.W — Tinker Board R2.0 series offers significantly improved performance versus other popular SBC boards. Powered by an ARM-based Mali™-T764 GPU, Tinker Board R2.0's GPU and fixed-function processors allow for a wide range of uses, including high-quality media playback, gaming, computer vision, gesture recognition, image stabilization and processing, as well as computational photography and more.
* HD & UHD video playback at 30 fps on Tinker Board R2.0 is currently only available via the included media player. Third-party video players and applications may not offer hardware acceleration, which will result in limited or unstable playback performance.
ARM MP4 GPU
HD / UHD
Tinker Board R2.0 series is equipped with an HD codec that supports up to 24-bit/192kHz audio. Its integrated audio jack supports audio output and a microphone in, without an extension module.
The audio jack also offers hassle-free plug-in detection so it automatically switches the audio output to an audio jack when the speaker or headset is connected.
Tinker Board R2.0 series features standard maker connectivity options, including a 40-pin GPIO interface that allow for interfacing with a range inputs. Tinker Board R2.0 series is equipped with one DSI MIPI connection for displays and touchscreens. The secondary CSI MIPI connection is for connection to compatible cameras allowing for computer vision, and much more.
Tinker Board R2.0 series also features Gbit LAN for Internet and network connectivity. A dedicated bus resource designed for the LAN port ensures consistent Ethernet performance. The integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth controller on the Tinker Board S is shielded with a metal cover to ensure minimal interference and improved radio performance. An integrated IPEX antenna header allows for easy antenna replacement or upgrades.
Tinker Board R2.0 series also features a full-size HDMI output. Additionally, it includes four USB 2.0 ports for extensive peripheral and accessory connectivity.
The PCB dimensions and topology of the Tinker Board R2.0 series aligns with standard SBC boards, allowing support for a wide range of chassis and physical accessories. The PCB features silk-screening with a connection header and location callouts, for improved connection clarity. The onboard MIPI headers also feature color-coded pull tabs.
Tinker Board R2.0 series also includes a heatsink, which provides better thermal solution under heavy loading or in hot ambient environments. Additionally, an optional metallic case is also available for market-ready solution. With hassle-free installation, the aluminum case helps dissipate heat in fanless design, ensuring Tinker Board has a top-notch performance.
Creating new possibilities and advantages, Tinker Board R2.0 series supports MIPI Convert Board and PoE Splitter Board to enhance convenience and functionality in different scenarios.
Color - Coded
MIPI Convert Board
PoE Splitter Board
* Tinker Board S - OS: Linux 4.4.0+ armv7l l Image Version: V20170113 l Memory Type: 2GB l CPU Type, Speed[GHz]: Cortex-A17 Quad-core 1.8GHz l GPU Type, Speed[MHz]: Mali™ T-764
* Competitor SBC - OS: Linux 4.4.11+ armv7l l Memory Type: 1GB l CPU Type, Speed[GHz]: Cortex-A72 Quad-core 1.5GHz l GPU Type, Speed[MHz]: VideoCore IV
* We strongly recommend that you regularly backup all data stored in the device. ASUS shall not be liable for any damage to or loss of programs or data stored in the Tinker Board series, and shall not be responsible for data recovery, backup, or any charges arising therefrom.
* In no event shall ASUS be liable for any defect, damage or data loss arising from product repair or replacement.
The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.