Tinker Edge T
Develop and deploy powerful AI applications
- SBC developer board featuring the Google Edge TPU and ARM processor for AI applications, an advanced power design and easy machine-learning model deployment
- Google Edge TPU
- More connectivity options for developers
- Multi-platform tools for easy machine-learning model deployment and image burning
Ultimate performance for edge device
AI accelerator (Edge TPU)
Tinker Edge T is a single-board computer (SBC) specially designed for AI applications. It features the Google Edge TPU, a machine learning (ML) accelerator that speeds up processing efficiency, lowers power demands and makes it easier to build connected devices and intelligent applications. With this onboard ML accelerator, Tinker Edge T is capable of performing four tera-operations per second (TOPS) using only 0.5 watts per unit of computation. It is also optimized for TensorFlow Lite models, making it easy to compile and run common ML models.
Google Edge TPU
Advanced Power Design
Most SBC motherboards only offer a 15 watt (5V 3A) power design, which can cause device and system instability when there are multiple connected devices. Other SBCs have power designs that lower the performance of their I/O ports. Tinker Edge T has a special power design that, together with a DC head power supply, delivers up to 45 watts of power, enabling stable system operation and full I/O performance, even with multiple connected devices. Additionally, an exclusive power-protection design activates automatically if the supplied current and voltage change significantly, effectively protecting the board and all connected devices.
NXP i.MX 8M processor
With its powerful and modern quad-core ARM-based NXP i.MX 8M processor, Tinker Edge T offers a powerful solution for graphics, machine vision, video, audio, voice and safety-critical applications. Tinker Edge T features 1 GB of LPDDR4 memory, the 4th generation of low-power DDR DRAM technology, offering faster speeds and even lower power consumption for improved system performance and efficiency. Tinker Edge T also comes equipped with an onboard 8 GB eMMC and SD 3.0 interface that offers significantly faster read and write speeds for the OS, applications and file storage.
Tinker Edge T includes an active heatsink, which helps improve heat dissipation under heavy loading or in hot ambient environments.
More connectivity options for Developers
Tinker Edge T features a rich I/O interface, including one MIPI-DSI connection for displays and touch screens, and two MIPI-CSI connections for compatible cameras to enable computer vision for applications such as depth measurement, smart vending machine QR code payment systems and interactive advertising.
Tinker Edge T has a maker-friendly design that offers many carefully considered features to provide a superior experience for first-time builders and seasoned hobbyists alike. Programmable LEDs let makers develop custom lighting behaviors, such as system notifications and status indicators, and the color-coded GPIO header makes it easy to recognize respective pin headers.
Tinker Edge T also features a full-size HDMI port, USB Type-A, USB Type-C, gigabit LAN and integrated Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for internet and network connectivity.
Enhanced User Experience
Machine Learning Developer Tools
ASUS provides a robust API and SDK that enables users to deploy machine learning models to Tinker Edge T easily for applications such as image classification and object detection.
OS Flash Tool*
Tinker Edge T comes with a cross-platform OS flash tool that enables easy OS image flashing to SD cards and USB drives, enabling you to get your system up and running quickly.
* Available Q2
* We strongly recommend that you regularly backup all data stored in the device. ASUS shall not be liable for any damage to or loss of programs or data stored in the Tinker Board series, and shall not be responsible for data recovery, backup, or any charges arising therefrom.
* In no event shall ASUS be liable for any defect, damage or data loss arising from product repair or replacement.
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit https://tinker-board.asus.com/where-to-buy.html
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative.
- Please refer to specification pages for full details.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice. Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.