Sign in to follow this  
mikejbedford

First flash to emmc went fine issues flashing since

Hello, 

I followed the instructions to load the driver, go into maskrom mode and flash my Edge R device. That went fine and I was able to flash Debian Stretch (TinkerOS) on the device. However, now that the device is on there, I have been wanting to try another OS but I have many issues:

1. The device will no longer boot from the SD card at all. How can I force it to boot from SD, for example if I want to try a different OS, instead of the OS that I have on emmc?

2. I cannot figure out how to erase emmc or install a new version now that it is initially flashed. I can do all of the steps the same (going into mask rom mode) but the flash tool fails to flash anything any longer. 

So, the general question is, can you provide some documentation or tools that help us boot from SD, erase emmc and/or update or change emmc flash?

Thanks!

Hello.

I have the same question. Is it possible to flash a sd card and boot from it? I made few attempt, flash in adb and maskrom modes. Evry time result was the same, i had OS installed on the emmc. There is no logical way to find out how to flash a sd card. 

hello @mikejbedford and @und

currently, the builds do not support to boot from SD card. We are working on a new build that supports the feature and will announce once it's released!

@tooz

It is a great news. it significantly expand capabilities and experience. Thanks.

2. I cannot figure out how to erase emmc or install a new version now that it is initially flashed. I can do all of the steps the same (going into mask rom mode) but the flash tool fails to flash anything any longer. 

@mikejbedford are you able to get your board boot successfully? if not, is there any error messages or logs?