Sign in to follow this  
picantultunic

tinker board 2s red light show for 3 seconds

I am new to the tinker board 2s and i tried to instal tinker os but i didn't had video input but i had red light , i tried to plug my pc keyboard and and nothing . after i replug the power , the board show the red light for a couple of seconds . I am scared that i damaged my board 

On 3/12/2022 at 9:24 PM, picantultunic said:

I am new to the tinker board 2s and i tried to instal tinker os but i didn't had video input but i had red light , i tried to plug my pc keyboard and and nothing . after i replug the power , the board show the red light for a couple of seconds . I am scared that i damaged my board 

apparently the board no longer has power after a short time. I tried to connect it to the computer to install the image directly on the internal memory but it runs out of power and disconnects

Requirement:

• 1 x USB Type-C  cable with data transfer function

• 1 x 12v ~19v , DC 5.5/2.5 Power supply

• 1 x Monitor with HDMI cable

• 1 x USB Keyboard and Mouse set

Setting Up (step-by-setp):

1. Connect the Tinker Board 2S to a PC using a USB Type-C cable.

2. Connect the power adapter to the Tinker Board 2S.

3. Download the TinkerOS image from the Tinker Board website (https://tinker-board.asus.com/download. html) and burn it into the Tinker Board using a third-party ISO software, such as balenaEtcher.

4. After the TinkerOS image is successfully burned, disconnect all cables (USB & Power)from the Tinker Board 2S.

5. Connect usb keyboard, mouse, and monitor to your Tinker Board 2S,after reconnect the power supply, and to auto boot up.