Serverfrog

Cant go into MASKROM/Cant Flash the first time

Hello,
This is my first kind of these Boards (i have multiple Raspberry Pi's etc.) so i wanted to get started on my new Tinker Edge R.
First i waited a bit (because on Amazon it wasn't listed that no power supply is in there) Now i got my MicroSD Card in,googled and found the Rockchip Driver Assistent (that is nowhere to be found on an Asus site, only sketchy looking Websites...), Bridge the Recover Pin,  Connect USB3 Type-C to my PC, insert the Power supply. 
I get an `Rockusb Device` in my Device Tree, i also get in the Tinker_Edge_R-Flash_GUI_V1.0.0-20200326 the Device `TinkerBoard-R USB Devices (maskrom)` but if i try to flash it with either `Tinker_Edge_R-Debian-Stretch-v1.0.13-20210702` or `Tinker_Edge_R-Debian-Buster-v2.0.5-20220217` it tells me to go into MASKROM mode. How can i now find out if its in MASKROM mode? (some LED, output on HDMI, or something) because as far as i understood (if not the Documentation is wrong, there are some typos already in there) i did everything correctly. Is my device DOA?

Thank you for your help.

Since I am not sure what software version is installed on your Tinker Edge R device right now, could you flash Tinker_Edge_R-Debian-Buster-v2.0.5-20220217.zip to a SD card via tool such as balenaEtcher, then use the SD card to boot the device up first? Once it is confirmed that the device can boot up using SD card correctly, please connect type C USB cable to PC and boot up the device using SD card again. For this time, the deice will boot into UMS mode and you can see "Tinker Edge R" logo on the HDMI display. At this moment, you will have a USB drive detected on the PC. Then, you can use balenaEtcher again to flash Tinker_Edge_R-Debian-Buster-v2.0.5-20220217.zip to that USB drive (eMMC on the device). Once it is done, remove SD card and USB cable, then you should be able to boot up the device from eMMC correctly.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Leslie