Vincèn

Fan optimised for 2S ?

Hi,

I'm using some 2S for a touchpanel project that is mounted in a wall, so basically in a closed box. I have installed the big heatsink included with the 2S but I find it very hot all time ! I'm concerned in a nearly closed environemnt it might overheat quite quickly ! Some fans to advise that I could install easily and safely on it and plug on the dedicated fan connector on the board ?

Thanks

Vincèn

hello @Vincèn

this is the hardware specification of tinker board 2s, the board should work fine if the temperature falls in the tolerated range. i'm not quite sure what you need, are you installing a fan apart from the heatsink?

Environment Operation temperature: 0℃ ~ 60℃ Non operation temperature: -40℃ ~ 85℃ Non operation humidity: 0% ~ 85% (Non condensing)

@Tinker_HWEE

Hi Vince,

On 5/13/2022 at 8:16 PM, tooz said:

hello @Vincèn

this is the hardware specification of tinker board 2s, the board should work fine if the temperature falls in the tolerated range. i'm not quite sure what you need, are you installing a fan apart from the heatsink?

Environment Operation temperature: 0℃ ~ 60℃ Non operation temperature: -40℃ ~ 85℃ Non operation humidity: 0% ~ 85% (Non condensing)

@Tinker_HWEE

Hi Vincen,

If you worried about overheat issue on it, suggest to use fan on FAN connector as below. Here is reference for FAN part number (SUNON, MF30060V1-10000-A99)

image.png

I have a question referring to this, from the wiki on github

• For Tinker Board 2 / Tinker Board 2S

• The FAN connector offers 500mA maximum by hardware design.

• It provides be controlled High/Low speed by software and kindly find the control method below:

1. High speed setting on FAN_SPD_CTRL

sudo -i
      echo "154" > /sys/class/gpio/export
      echo "out" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio154/direction
      echo "1" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio154/value

2. Low speed setting on FAN_SPD_CTRL

echo "0" > /sys/class/gpio/gpio154/value

This works flawless, I can set 2 speeds. „Fast“ and I’d call it „medium“.

i would appreciate a „slow“ and „silent“ setting! The two that are already available are to fast and loud. How can I get this feature? Can someone Programm it?

(I tried to plug my fan in the 3volt and it runs super silent  but I am afraid to damage something related to the max 50ma output . The fan is at 48ma at 5V in the documentation)

Cheers 

Andreas