mrorange

System update not possible (Tinker Board 2/2S Debian 10 V2.0.14)

Hello

I have installed the Image Tinker Board 2/2S Debian 10 V2.0.14 to my Tinker Board 2S. After installation, I tried to update the System. I've used the commands `apt update && apt upgrade && apt dist-upgrade`.

Unfortunately, I have held back packages. Is there a way to fix them?

linaro@linaro-alip:~$ sudo apt dist-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages have been kept back:
  base-files bluez bluez-obexd debconf debconf-i18n distro-info-data ffmpeg ir-keytable klibc-utils libavcodec-dev libavcodec58 libavdevice-dev libavdevice58 libavfilter-dev libavfilter7 libavformat-dev
  libavformat58 libavresample-dev libavresample4 libavutil-dev libavutil56 libbluetooth3 libc-bin libc-l10n libcups2 libdns-export1104 libdrm-common libdrm2 libdvbv5-0 libdvbv5-dev libdvbv5-doc libexpat1
  libexpat1-dev libflac8 libfluidsynth1 libgcrypt20 libgmp10 libgnutls30 libgssapi-krb5-2 libhogweed4 libisc-export1100 libk5crypto3 libklibc libkrb5-3 libkrb5support0 libnettle6 libnss3 libntfs-3g883
  libpam-systemd libpolkit-agent-1-0 libpolkit-backend-1-0 libpolkit-gobject-1-0 libpostproc-dev libpostproc55 libsasl2-2 libsasl2-modules-db libsmbclient libsndfile1 libswresample-dev libswresample3
  libswscale-dev libswscale5 libsystemd0 libudev1 libuv1 libv4l-0 libv4l-dev libv4lconvert0 libwavpack1 libwbclient0 locales ntfs-3g openbox openbox-dev openssl policykit-1 psmisc qv4l2 rsyslog samba-libs
  systemd systemd-sysv tzdata udev v4l-utils vim vim-common vim-runtime vim-tiny xdmx xdmx-tools xnest xorg-server-source xserver-common xserver-xephyr xserver-xorg-core xserver-xorg-dev xserver-xorg-legacy
  xterm xvfb xxd
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 101 not upgraded.

hello @mrorange,

these packages are marked held by rockchip -- some packages have been modified and have to be kept in certain versions for compatibility reasons. it's not suggested to do dist-upgrade from debian repository as some functions might not work as they should be after the upgrade. 

however, if you must upgrade these packages, you can do it through aptitude

apt-get install aptitude
sudo aptitude

once the caches and configs are loaded, you will see a little console, look for '---Upgradable Packages' and press g to preview; press g again to upgrade all the packages. (you will have to press return to continue during the process)

sh2.png

once the upgrade is finished, press q to leave aptitude (as mentioned in other posts, the ldconfigs can be ignored)

sh4.png