Sign in to follow this  
Suntech

Copy eMMC between Tinker 2S

I am trying to copy the Debian O/S installed on the Tinker Board 2S eMMC and the working software codes and settings between eMMCs to mass-produce them on the same 2S board. Please explain how.

hello @Suntech

the easiest way would be using the dd command to clone everything out of the board then use flashtools such as balena etcher to flash the .img to other boards.

1. connect tinker board 2s to an ubuntu machine 

2. to check if tinker board 2s has been recognised, use 

lsblk

3. to clone the eMMC:

sudo dd if=/dev/sdb of=(filename).img bs=1G

this will take a while, i've waited for around 35 minutes or so

4. once the cloning is finished, copy the .img file and use flashtools such as balenaetcher to flash the os to other boards

*if you don't have an ubuntu machine, you can plug a flash drive to tinker board 2s, and save the output file to the flashdrive (please ensure it's got enough space)

change #3 to:

sudo dd if=/dev/sdb of=of=/dev/<USB device_name> bs=1G

**if you're using a windows pc, you can use win32 disk imager: Win32 Disk Imager - Download [Official Site]

1. connect tinker board 2s to the pc

2. whilst tinker board 2s is in ums mode, use win32 disk imager to copy the emmc

Using dd to clone eMMC OS.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks ! 

With your help, the hard copy was successfully completed.
By the way, after copying, I registered a static IP for the network, but the company Internet works normally, but external networks such as Google do not work normally. I wonder if this can happen.

hello @Suntech

i don't think it's related to the dd cloning, i'd suggest to check the dns settings and see if there's anything wrong. or maybe the external networks are blocked by your company, which you can check with

sudo ping 8.8.8.8

if there's no package sent/ received it's likely that your company network is restricted