stargate77

Boot from HDD (Tinkerboard 2S)

Hello

i have flashed image with tinker OS Debian to USB-HDD.

how can i change the boot loader to boot from external USB Hardisk ? 

there is no /boot/extlinux.conf on tinkerboard 2 S

thanks in advance

Hi

I have just figured it out today (with very sad speed though of 36mb/s from a nice SSD. not enough juice on the bus is what i'm thinking.)

Following a post https://tinkerboarding.co.uk/forum/archive/index.php/thread-1040.html and a youtube from that post https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLlMWfDfpzw

The version of TinkerOS you need is the 2.0.11 and not the latest. that still has the 2 partitions.

In that you will need to delete `console=<something>` and add the `root=/dev/sda1` or whatever device you are using just instead before the `rw`

Good luck and do report the speeds you got to.

Hello, I've been researching this for a while and still haven't come to a conclusion. I need some help. I am using asus tinkerboard 2s and now there is TinkerOS 2.0.14 in emmc. 1 hdd with a sata to usb cable and an SSD with a sata to type-c cable are connected to the device. My aim is to boot tinkerboard 2s over ssd with proxmox installed, but I could not do it. Is there no built-in BIOS or BOOT menu in the device? If so, how can I enter? There is very little information on the internet about this.

On 5/2/2023 at 7:43 PM, asdas 127816 said:

Hello, I've been researching this for a while and still haven't come to a conclusion. I need some help. I am using asus tinkerboard 2s and now there is TinkerOS 2.0.14 in emmc. 1 hdd with a sata to usb cable and an SSD with a sata to type-c cable are connected to the device. My aim is to boot tinkerboard 2s over ssd with proxmox installed, but I could not do it. Is there no built-in BIOS or BOOT menu in the device? If so, how can I enter? There is very little information on the internet about this.

@tooz

the bootflow of tinker board 2s is different from tinker board and editingi /extlinux.conf will not work on tinker board 2s

9 minutes ago, tooz said:

the bootflow of tinker board 2s is different from tinker board and editingi /extlinux.conf will not work on tinker board 2s

There was no such file in my boot folder anyway. So what should I do to boot from SSD? Please guide.