Sign in to follow this  
hasank

External Disk Mount Problem

Tinker Board 2 Debian 10 V2.0.4 does not mount external disk stably.
After a while the system starts, it mounts and does not work properly.
After a while, the files on the disk are not read. As such, a clean install is required. Then again I am having the same problem.

Is there a way to mount an external disk in a stable and healthy way?

hello @hasank

we cannot reproduce the issue, but for most cases external disks without individual power supply consume a lot of power that causes connection problem. we'd suggest to use a seperate power supply for the external disk, otherwise use an usb hub with external power supply. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the answer.
I tried an external power supply as you said. However, my problem remains the same.

I think I've identified the problem. When the external hard drive goes to sleep, it does not wake up again. How can I solve this problem?

hello @hasank

what is the output of the external power supply? if it's < 1A, it's most likely that the board is not receiving enough power. we'd suggest having an external power supply with output > = 1.5A. 

hello @hasank

this command might help -- to disable usb runtime suspend; the controller & phy will not be on low power mode 

for i in $(find /sys -name control | grep usb);do echo on > $i;echo "echo on > $i";done;