Stefan A.

Preset to FullHD

Hi,

Is there an option to configure the HDMI interface to FullHD video, so it should not try to sýnc above this...
e.g. with Raspberry OS, we can set things in the /boot/config file.

Thanks.

hello @Stefan A.,

by fullhd, do you mean 'hdmi output resolution'? if so, you can change it in monitor settings in the tinker os

Thanks for your response.
yes. I need the hdmi output resolution.
I need this in the boot process... setting this in the GUI or CLI would be too late.
Background: the devices are connected to a capture card, and the HDMI output will be recorded for quality assurance reasons during installation.
The used capture cards can not handle changes of the resolution.

This is working fine with other SBCs, so, I hope there is a boot config file setting, which we can have configured in the initial image.

hello @Stefan A.

the changes made in monitor settings will be kept (even if you reboot the device), unless the device is connected to other panels with different resolution. here's another alternative to configure, but it should be done right after flashing, if the device's resolution has been changed and saved in monitor settings, then this method might not work:

in  /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-modesetting.conf 

please added the highlighted lines; once the .conf is modified, the changes will come in effect after reboot.

Section     "Screen"
    Identifier      "Default Screen"
    Device  "Rockchip Graphics"
    Monitor        "Default Monitor"
    SubSection "Display"
        Depth 24
        Modes "1920x1080"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Hello @tooz

we never start into x11. We are just using CLI.

The same TnkerBoard 2 sometimes comes up FullHD and sometimes comes up UHD at the same Grabber.

So, I think, that there is a timing issue how they (Tinker & Grabber) are negotiating the capabilities.

To fix this, I want to set the display mode upfront and as extremely of interest during the software installation phase, it must be something which will be read from the installation image.

On Raspberry PI, we do this in the /boot/config.txt file:
hdmi_group=2
hdmi_mode=82

This forces 1920x1080 DVT mode for HDMI

Is there any similar configuration file and a similar configuration for HDMI on the Tinker?

hello @Stefan A.

On 7/13/2022 at 6:43 PM, Stefan A. said:

Is there any similar configuration file and a similar configuration for HDMI on the Tinker?

i'm afraid that there's no similar configuration for tinker board 2s, at least for now. however, from the information you provided, it looks like the system failed to fetch the edid.

while having both FHD and non-FHD output, could you use the command below and see if the edid is obtained and correct?

cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid | busybox hexdump